SPEAK UP! – Facing Difficult People and Conversations Confidently
24 March 2021 - 25 March 2021| RM 1500
Any Executive needs to communicate with a variety of people such as their boss, fellow peers and external parties such as customers and vendors. They are expected to be empathetic yet assertive. This is especially true when critical issues related to corporate values and rules need to be raised and disruptive behaviours stopped.
However, not all executives want to initiate such conversations. Some find it difficult to maintain their composure when they are attacked or accused. With all the strong feelings and the hostility, some prefer to avoid it altogether and sweep it under the carpet. They suffer in silence and allow the situation to get worse.
This 2-day workshop introduces the participants to practical techniques needed to frame courageous conversations and manage conflict with difficult people. Expect lots of role-plays to gain experience and composure in such situations.
Workshop Learning Outcomes
- Learn that communication never stops
- Be able to articulate our thoughts and opinions to others confidently
- Understand our personality and using it to enhance relationships
- Be assertive with others on what needs to be done
- Practice giving feedback to our staff in a supportive manner
- Be able to communicate with flair, facts and empathy
- Demonstrate professionalism when interacting with staff and peers
- Practice framing the courageous conversation to ensure influence, impact and effectiveness of conversation